Cloud Computing, IoT, Computer Networks, Software Engineering and Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing
Ms. Chinu Singla is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India. She has excellent records, experience of nearly 4 years in teaching computer science and demonstrated research experience in some funded research projects. She has completed her M.E. (CSE) with honors from UIET, Panjab University Chandigarh in 2016 and B.Tech (CSE) with distinction from Punjabi University Patiala in 2014. Her areas of Interest are Mobile Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Internet of Things, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. She has qualified GATE CS 2014 exam with 97.32 percentile and has been awarded PG Scholarship under MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Department) through GATE CS for two years during her Masters. She has an excellent academic record including merit in Matric, Graduation with distinction and Post-Graduation with honours. She had developed Project during her Industrial Training on “Punjab Tourism and Hotel Booking Management” (VB.NET with SQL Server 2005)in Centre for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC), Mohali as well as on “Online Billing System” (ASP.NET with C#, SQL Server 2005)from Department of Information Technology PSPCL, Patiala.
SCI-1, SCOPUS-1, Book Chapters-4, International and National Conferences-4
- An efficient game theoretic based computation offloading framework for network optimization in mobile cloud IoT systems, International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (2017), Volume 9, Issue 2-3, pp.186-203.
- An Optimized Hardware Calibration Technique for Transmission of Real-Time Applications in VoIP Network, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer US, (2017) pp. 1-34 with Impact Factor- 1.530.
- Offloading for Application Optimization Using Mobile Cloud Computing, In Proceedings of the International Congress on Information and Communication Technology (ICICT 2016) pp. 477-484, Volume No. 439, Springer Singapore, ISSN: 2194-5357.
- A Hybrid Computational Intelligence Decision Making Technique for Processing Multimedia Applications over Cloud, Elsevier Book Chapter, 2017.
- An Intelligent Hardware Calibration scheme for Real Time VoIP Applications, in World Conference on Smart Trends in Systems, Security and Sustainability (WS4 2017), Springer Lecture Notes In Networks and Systems (LNNS), London, 15-16 February,2017, ISSN: 2367-3370 .
- Modeling and Analysis of Multi-objective Service Selection Scheme in IoT-Cloud Environment, Springer Book Chapter, 2017.
- Empowering education through mobile cloud computing based learning process models, in MOOCs Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE) IEEE 3rd International Conference on, IEEE (2015) pp. 257- 261.
- Cloud path selection using Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process for offloading in Mobile Cloud Computing, in 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering & Computational Sciences (RAECS) IEEE (2015) pp. 1-5.
- IoT and Cloud Computing for HealthCare Application, in National Conference on Achievements of Women in Science and Technology: Current Scenario and Future Aspects, Panjab University Chandigarh, 13-14 January, 2017.
- An Intelligent Hardware Calibration scheme for Real Time VoIP Applications, in National Conference on Advancing Sustainable Development through Science, Technology and Innovation, Panjab University Chandigarh, 9-11 March, 2017.
Conferences and Workshops Attended
- 3rd IEEE International Conference on MOOCs, Innovation and Technology in Education from October 1-2, 2015.
- International Congress on Information and Technology by Springer in 2015.
- 2nd IEEE International conference on Recent Advances in Engineering and Computational Sciences from December 21-22, 2015.
- Poster Presentation in National Conference on Achievements of Women in Science and Technology: Current Scenario and Future Aspects, Panjab University Chandigarh, 13-14 January, 2017.
- Poster Presentation in National Conference on Advancing Sustainable Development through Science, Technology and Innovation, Panjab University Chandigarh, 9-11 March, 2017.
- Attended online course on “Building Cloud Based Applications” conducted by IIT-Kanpur and IIT-Ropar.
- Attended Workshop on Cloud Computing organized by PEC University Chandigarh.
- Attended Workshop on Python conducted by Infosys at PEC University Chandigarh.