Dr. Amrita Kaur
Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Machine/Deep Learning, Medical Image Processing
Machine/Deep Learning, Medical Image Processing
• PhD Computer Science and Engineering, Punjabi University, Patiala, India (2022)
o Concentration – Medical Image Processing
o Title - Development of a Segmentation Technique for Multiple Sclerosis Brain Lesions from Magnetic Resonance Images
• MTech Computer Engineering, Punjabi University, Patiala, India (2013)
• BTech Computer Science and Engineering, Punjab Technical University, Jallandhar (2008)
Google scholar link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=4hKUiK8AAAAJ&hl=en
1. Faculty @ CSED Thapar University Patiala, India (2019 - present)
2. Faculty @ Chandigarh group of colleges, Dist Mohali, Chandigarh, India (2014 - 2016)
3. Faculty @ Guru gobind singh khalsa college of Engineering and Technology, Dist Mohali, Chandigarh, India (2013 - 2014)
4. Research Fellow @ Punjabi University, Patiala (2016 - 2019)
AWARDS/ HONORS/ DISTINCTIONS
• Awarded with Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Sikh Minority Students (MANF)- University Grant Commission (UGC)
• Distinction in M.Tech, 2013
• Amrita Kaur, Lakhwinder Kaur, Ashima Singh, “State-of-the-Art Segmentation Techniques and Future Directions for Multiple Sclerosis Brain Lesions”, Archives of Computational methods in Engineering, 28(3), 951-977, Impact Factor: 7.36
• Amrita Kaur, Pardeep Kaur, Sahil Ahuja, “Forster resonance energy transfer (FRET) and application thereof.”, Analytical methods, Impact Factor: 2.59
• Amrita Kaur, Lakhwinder Kaur, Ashima Singh, “GA-UNet: UNet-based framework for segmentation of 2D and 3D medical images applicable on heterogeneous datasets”, Neural Computing and Applications, 1-35, Impact Factor: 5.6
• Ashima Singh, Amrita Kaur, Arwinder Kaur, Sahil Ahuja, Harpreet Vohra, “Software System to predict the infection in COVID-19 Patients using Deep learning and Web of Things”, Software: Practice and Experience, Impact Factor: 1.78
• Amrita Kaur, Yadwinder Singh, Nirvair Neeru, Lakhwinder Kaur, Ashima Singh, “A Survey on Deep Learning Approaches to Medical Images and a Systematic Look up into Real-Time Object Detection”, Archives of Computational methods in Engineering, Impact Factor: 6.7
• Ashima Singh, Amrita Kaur, Harpreet Vohra, “Identification of Risks and Threats Associated with SPI Programs in SMEs using PCA”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Pittsburgh PA: IJCSIS, 2020
• Venkatesh Sharma, Sambhav Kumar, Amrita Kaur, Ashima Singh, “Human-Computer Interaction with Special Emphasis on Converting Brain Signals to Speech”, International Journal of Innovative technology and Exploring Engineering, Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences, 2020
• Arwinder Dhillon, Amrita Kaur, Ashima Singh, “Application of Machine Learning for Prediction of Lung Cancer using Omics Data”, International Journal of Innovative technology and Exploring Engineering”, Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences, 2020
• Amrita, Jaspreet Singh Cheema, Nirvair Neeru (2013) “A novel technique based on ant colony optimization for image stitching”, International journal of Advance and Innovative Research (IJAIR), 2(4): 1067-1072.
• Amrita, Jaspreet Singh Cheema, Nirvair Neeru (2013) “Detection and Removal of Noises in Iris Recognition System- A Review”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 2(4): 463-471.
• Amrita, Nirvair Neeru (2013) “Study of Image Stitching using various models”, International journal of Advance and Innovative Research (IJAIR), 2(5): 452-457.
• Jaspreet Singh Cheema, Amrita, Sumandeep kaur (2013) “Malignant Breast Cancer Detection Method - A Review”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 2(4): 1226-1230.
• Amrita, Nirvair Neeru (2014) “A Novel Approach for Medical Image Stitching Using Ant Colony Optimization”, International journal of Engineering research and Applications (IJAIR), 4(5): 21-28
• Anupam Garg, Amrita Kaur and Anshu Parashar, An Approach for Offline Handwritten Character Shape Reconstruction Using Contour and Morphological Techniques, 2021 International Conference on Advanced Computing and Intelligent Technologies (ICACIT2021), Galgotias University and Universtia Di Siena, Italy, March 20-21, 2021, pp. 183-194.ISSN: 2367-3370.
• Amrita kaur, Lakhwinder Kaur, Ashima Singh, “FP-MMR: A Framework for the Preprocessing of Multimodal MR Images”, Intelligent Systems, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, 2020
• Amrita kaur, Lakhwinder Kaur, “Deep Learning techniques for medical image segmentation: A systematic review”, International Conference on Applications of AI and Machine Learning (ICAML), 2020.
• Amrita (2016) “Role of image processing techniques for the detection of diseases in agriculture sector- A review”, International conference on international trends in computing (ITC), Punjabi university, Patiala
• Amrita and Lakhwinder Kaur (2016) “A study of various models for the detection of digital image forgeries, 19th Punjab science congress, Mohali
• Amrita and Nirvair Neeru (2016) “Medical image stitching of X-ray images using ant colony optimization-A boon for trauma patients, 19th Punjab science congress, Mohali
• Australian innovation patent-(Patent no: 2021101078)- Title “A Method for Gender Classification based on Offline Handwriting and a System Thereof”- Granted
• Australian innovation patent-(Patent no: 2021101097)- Title “A system and method for automatic playlist generation by analysing human emotions through physiological signals” – Granted
• Indian innovation patent- (Patent no: 202221010478)- Title “Three-Dimensional thermal imaging and image processing for analysing dermatological disease and disorder”- Published