Machine Learning and Data Analytics
Contact no.: +91-9530813016, +91-8288003262
Harpreet Singh is a Lecturer of Computer Science and Engineering Department in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. He was appointed in 2017 in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology,Patiala. Before joining Thapar, He has teaching experience of 5 years. He worked as a teaching assistantship in Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran selected under TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme) sponsored by World Bank for 2 years during his Masters. After that, he appointed as a Assistant Professor in Chandigarh University, Mohali in 2014 and served for 3 years. He has filed 3 patents in interdisciplinary fields and also filed 3 research projects in Department of Health Research sponsored by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. Apart from this, He organized and conducted the FOSS online exam remotely under “Talk To A Teacher” project offered by the Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt., of India and generated 150 certifications of students in different programming modules. He also coordinated and started the 5th batch of Tech Mahindra IMS Academy successfully in Chandigarh University. He did the certification in “MACHINE LEARNING FOUNDATIONS: A Case Study Approach” by University of Washington on Coursera. Certificate earned on May7, 2016. His area of research in Machine Learning and Data Mining,Optimization using Softcomputing techniques (GA, DE, PSO, ACO) ,Combinatorial Problems and Bioinformatics (Drug Synergy, Drug Discovery).
- Submitted the DHR project with title “A Drug Synergy Prediction based on Pre-clinical trial using Machine Learning Approaches for Cancer Treatment” with File No : GIA/2017/000320/PRCGIA (Ver-1) under Grant in Aid Scheme.
- Submitted the DHR project with title “Epi-Alert: Design and Development of Low Cost Personalized Wearable Device to Predict Epilepsy Fits” with File No : GIA/2017/000139/PRCGIA (Ver-1)under Grant in Aid Scheme.
- Submitted the DHR project with title “Versatile Wireless Water Nutrient and Pollutant Detector” with File No : GIA/2017/000154/PRCGIA (Ver-1) under Grant in Aid Scheme.
Publications and other Research Outputs
- Review article-“Securing Data Storage on Public Cloud by Encryption Based 2-Way Authentication" got published in IJARCSSE in volume 4 at page no. 833-836
- Research article-“Securing Data Storage on Public Cloud by Encryption Based 2-Way Authentication" got published in IJERMT in volume 3 at page no. 87-92
- “A Survey on Content Based Image Retrieval”, published and presented in NCICSC-2014, conducted at Chandigarh group of colleges, Jhangeri
- “Mass Detection Techniques in Digital Mammograms- A Review” published in National Conference on Latest Initiatives & Innovations in Communication and Electronics (iice2015)” being organized by Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali, sponsored by ISTE on April 17,2015
- “Enhanced Human Identity and Gender Recognition from Gait Sequences using SVM and MDA” got published in IJCA in Volume 119-No.2,June 2015
- “Review on: Enhancement in Accurate Detection of Blood Vessels Improves the Detection of Exudates and Hemorrhage in Color Fundus Images using SURF and NN Technique” got published in IJRDI in Volume 1, Issue 5, July 2015
SCOPUS JOURNAL (2016)
- “Adaptive Brain Tumor Recognition Model using the Hybrid Tumor Recognition Approach” got published in Indian journal of Science and Technology in Vol 9, December, 2016
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE AT THAILAND
- “A Case Study on CPE (Communication Protocol Error) Alarm in Nokia DXC” got published in “International Conference on Innovative Research in Engineering and Science (IRES 2017)”, THAILAND.
- Smart Blood Extracting device. (Filed):- TEMP/E-1/43835/2016-DEL, PATENT FILING NUMBER: 201611044212
- System and Real method of time monitoring and emergency notification on two wheeler accident (Filed):- TEMP/E-1/23673/2017-DEL, PATENT FILING NUMBER: 201711023236
- A method and apparatus for Primordial Damage Prediction after the occurrence of an Earthquake (Filed):- TEMP/E-1/24125/2017-DEL, PATENT FILING NUMBER: 201711023660
- Advance Database management by IBM conducted at Chandigarh University from 12th to 18th May, 2015.
- Cognos BI Administration by IBM conducted at Chandigarh University from 19th to 23th May, 2015
- Application Security management by IBM conducted at Chandigarh University from 25th to 30th May, 2015
- BIG DATA by IBM conducted at Chandigarh University from 1st to 6th June, 2015
- AICTE recognized STC on “Cyber Crime and Forensic Tools" conducted by NITTTR-CHD at Chandigarh University from 31st August to 4th September, 2015 sponsored by ICT
- Workshop on "Global System for Mobile Communications" conducted by NITTTR-CHD from 7th to 11th September, 2015
- AICTE recognized STC on "Research Methodology" conducted by NITTTR-CHD from 14th to 18th September, 2015 sponsored by ICT
- “Machine Learning and Data Analytics” sponsored by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow conducted at IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad from 12th to 16th June, 2017
- AICTE recognized Faculty development programme on “Machine Learning Algorithms using Python" in association with INTEL HIGHER EDUCATION conducted by NITTTR-CHD at Chandigarh University from 24th July to 28th July, 2017.
Awards and Honours
- “MACHINE LEARNING FOUNDATIONS: A Case Study Approach” by University of Washington on Coursera. Certificate earned on May7, 2016.
Description of Research Interests
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Optimization using Softcomputing techniques (GA, DE, PSO, ACO).
- Combinatorial Problems.
- Bioinformatics (Drug Synergy, Drug Discovery)