Mr. Sanjeev Rao
Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Databases and Data Mining
Databases and Data Mining
Database, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning
• PhD-CSE (Pursuing), Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala www.thapar.edu
o Concentration - Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning
o Title - Framework for Efficient Spam Detection in Online Social Network
• M.Tech (C.S.E) - Regular from SVIET, Banur, Patiala (2012) www.sviet.ac.in
• B.Tech (I.T) from SUSCET, Tangori, Mohali (2007) www.sus.edu.in/
Google scholar link
1. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Operations Certified Associate from Oracle University (2020)
2. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect Certified Professional from Oracle University (2020)
3. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Foundation certified associate from Oracle University (2020)
4. OCP- Oracle Forms Developer from Oracle University 2008
5. OCA- Oracle PLSQL Developer from Oracle University 2007
1. Assistant Professor-C1 @ CSED TIET Patiala, India (Aug 2017 - present)
2. Assistant Professor @ CSE Department, Chandigarh University, Mohali, India (June 2014 - Aug 2017)
3. Assistant Professor @ CSE Department, RIMT University, India (Jan 2011 - May 2014)
4. Oracle Consultant/Developer @ Compass Multiplier Projects Pvt Ltd, Chandigarh (Mar 2008 - Aug 2009)
5. Software Engineer @ Compare Infobase Limited, Gurgaon (July 2007 - Mar 2008)
1. Rao, Sanjeev, Anil Kumar Verma, and Tarunpreet Bhatia. "A review on social spam detection: challenges, open issues, and future directions." Expert Systems with Applications 186 (2021): 115742. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2021.115742
2. Brar, Sandeep Singh, and Sanjeev Rao. "Optimizing workflow scheduling using Max-Min algorithm in cloud environment." International Journal of Computer Applications 124.4 (2015).
3. Brar, Sandeep Singh, and Sanjeev Rao. “Proposal of Max-Min Algorithm for Scheduling of Workflows in Cloud Environment." International Journal of Computer Science and Network (IJCSN), Vol-4, pp-638-642 (2015)
4. Singh Maninder, and Sanjeev Rao. “Proposed Approach for Intrusion Detection on KDD Dataset by Hybrid Classifiers.” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering , Volume - 5, pp-1451-1454 (2015)
5. Singh Maninder, and Sanjeev Rao. “Enhanced Intrusion Detection Using Feature Extraction and Adaptive Boost with SVM-RBF Kernel.” International Journal of Computer Science and Technology (IJCST) , Volume-6 , pp-101-104 (2015)
6. Arora Jyoti, Sanjeev Rao, and Nidhi Bhalla. “A Review on Association Rule Mining Algorithms.” International Journal Of Innovative Research In Computer And Communication Engineering, Vol 1, pp-1246-1251 (2013)
7. Arora Jyoti, Sanjeev Rao, and Shelza. “An Efficient ARM Technique for Information Retrieval in Data Mining.” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Volume-2, pp-1079-1084 IJERT (2013)
8. Rao Sanjeev, and Priyanka Gupta. “Implementing Improved Algorithm over APRIORI Data Mining Association Rule Algorithm.” International Journal of Computer Science and Technology (IJCST), Volume-3 , pp-489-493 (2012)
9. Khosla Tarun, Sushil Garg, and Sanjeev Rao. “A Survey Paper for Effective Measurement of Maintainability.” PCTE Journal of Computer Sciences Volume-8 , pp-83-89 (2011)
Peer reviewer for Journals
• The Journal of Supercomputing- Springer Nature
• IGI Global
• Applied computing and informatics- Emerald publishing
• “Best Activities in Software Test Automation” ISCET-2010, RIMT-IET, Mandi Gobindgarh
• “Software Metrics” ISCET-2010, RIMT-IET, Mandi Gobindgarh
• “Method to Generalizing Data types for Data Mining Algorithms”, ICUTIT-2011, PCTE, Baddowal, Ludhiana
• Cloud Computing Platforms: Benefits and Challenges ICUTIT-2011, PCTE, Baddowal, Ludhiana
• “A Survey Paper on Cloud Computing, Workflow and Scheduling Algorithms”, ACSCEA- 2015, Chandigarh University, Mohali.
• “A Nascent Trend: Component-Based Software Engineering”, ACSCEA- 2015, Chandigarh University, Mohali.
• “A Survey on Association Rule Mining and Clustering Techniques” ACSCEA- 2015, Chandigarh University, Mohali.
• “A Review Paper on Comparison of different Classifiers on KDD dataset using Weka Tool”, ACSCEA- 2015, Chandigarh University, Mohali.
• “A Survey of Text Mining Techniques and its Applications”, ACSCEA- 2015, Chandigarh University, Mohali.
• “Effective Data Mining Using Neural Networks”, ACSCEA- 2015, Chandigarh University, Mohali.
• “Online Social Network: Challenges, Combating Techniques and Future Research Directions”, ICCIDA-2018, Odisha
• “Autism Spectrum Disorder Detection Using AI and IoT”, Fourteenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) - Intelligent Computing- 2022, JIIT, Noida
• “Deepfake Creation And Detection Using Ensemble Deep Learning Models”, Fourteenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) - Intelligent Computing- 2022, JIIT, Noida
• “Online Social Networks Misuse, Cyber Crimes, and Counter Mechanisms” in Analyzing Global Social Media Consumption (2021) IGI Global, USA
• “Online Social Networks Misuse, Cyber Crimes, and Counter Mechanisms” (Reprinted) in Research Anthology on Combating Cyber-Aggression and Online Negativity, (2022) IGI Global, USA and Information Resources Management Association (USA)
• “Evolving Cyber Threats, Combating Techniques, and Open Issues in Online Social Networks” in Handbook of Research on Cyber Crime and Information Privacy, (2021) IGI Global, (USA)
• “Software-Defined Networking: Recent Developments and Potential Synergies” in Software Defined Networking- Architecture and Applications (2022), Wiley
FDPs/ Technical workshops attended
• Faculty Development Programme conducted by NITCON, Chandigarh at RIMT-MAEC, Mandi Gobindgarh, July 12 -19 , 2011
• Workshop on “Application of Data Mining in software fault Prediction” organized by Chitkara Institute of Engg. & Technology at Chitkara University, Punjab.
• Workshop on “Lotus Notes and Domino” by IBM organized at RIMT-IET, Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab.
• Two weeks FDP on “Orientation and Faculty Development Programme “at UITTR, Chandigarh University, Mohali, July 01-12, 2014
• Workshop on “Cloud Computing” at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali., Oct 27, 2014
• Four week FDP on “IBM CE-Enablement Program” covering courses like Advanced Database Management using DB2, Cognos BI Administration using IBM Cognos BI, Big Data using IBM Infosphere BigInsights, Application Security Management using IBM Rational Appscan, at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali in collaboration with IBM, May 12- June 6, 2015.
• One week FDP on “Technology Oriented Outcome Based Teaching-Learning Process ” at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali , July 1 to 7 , 2015
• One week FDP on “Recent Advances in Computer Sciences and Information Technology” organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali. July 8 -14, 2015.
• One Week workshop on “Research Methodology through ICT” by NITTR, Chandigarh at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali. September 14 -18, 2015
• One Week workshop on “Cloud Computing through ICT” by NITTR, Chandigarh at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali, October 12-16, 2015.
• One Week Short Term Course on “Wireless Networks through ICT” conducted by NITTR, Chandigarh at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali, May 02-06, 2015
• Two Weeks FDP on “Orientation and Faculty Development Programme” organized by Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali July 4-16, 2016.
• One Week Oracle sponsored FDP on “Programming with PL/SQL” organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, CCET (Degree Wing), Sec-26, Chandigarh, July 10-14 , 2017
• Two days workshop on “Development of MOOCs” sponsored by Royal Academy of Engineering (UK) and TIET, Patiala, September 9-10, 2017.
• One Week “Induction and Orientation Program” organized by Centre for Training & Development at TIET, Patiala, September 18-22, 2017.
• Four week Online course on “Beginning SQL: A Simplified Approach” authorized under Royal Academy of Engineering (UK) and Thapar University sponsored by Research Project offered through FutureLearn Platform.
• Four week online course on “MOOC LIFE CYCLE” authorized under Royal Academy of Engineering (UK) and Thapar University sponsored by Research Project offered through FutureLearn Platform.
• Three days workshop on “FICE - INTEL Workshop under Intel(R) Intelligent System Lab” at TIET, Patiala November 28-30, 2017
• Two days FDP on “Emotional Intelligence & Team Dynamics /Collaboration” at TIET, Patiala, December 14-15, 2017.
• Two days FDP on “Strength finder and Knowing yourself” at TIET, Patiala , March 12-13, 2018
• Two days FDP on “How to write a research paper” and “Enhancing Personal Effectiveness” at TIET, Patiala, May 15-17, 2018.
• Two days training programme on “AI, ML and DL on GPU architecture” provided by NVIDIA at TIET, Patiala, May 27-28, 2019.
• Completed online certification courses on Python, Machine Learning and Deep Learning from Kaggle, 24 April 2020
• Completed online certification Courses on Fundamentals of R, Python, Deep Learning from Amity Future Academy, 12-27 April 2020
• Five days Online FDP on “Blockchain” organized by ATAL Academy at NIT Warangal, 25 May 2020 to 29 May 2020.
• Five days Online FDP on “Introduction to Deep Learning” organized by ATAL Academy at University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, 20 Dec 2021 to 24 Dec 2021.
• Five days Online FDP on “Data Science with Statistical Methods using R Programming- Basic Course” organized by ATAL Academy at Amity University Uttar Pradesh, 10 Jan 2022 to 14 Jan 2022.
Expert Lectures/FDPs delivered:
• Delivered one-day Expert lecture on “System Implementation Techniques” (Database Concurrency Control Schemes and Database Security) at BFCET, Bathinda (Punjab)
• Delivered one-day Expert lecture on “Database Normalization, recovery and Concurrency Control techniques” at BFCET, Bathinda (Punjab)
• Delivered Expert lecture on “Introduction to RDBMS, Data Warehousing, and Data Mining” on 17-04-2015 at CPC, Gharuan, Mohali (Punjab)
• Delivered Two Day workshop on “Programming with SQL in IBM-DB2 “ on 22nd April 2016 at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali
• Delivered One Day workshop in FDP on “SQL Programming using IBM-DB2 (Express C Edition) “on 13th July 2016 at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali.
• Delivered expert talk on “Introduction to Arduino UNO and Arduino Programming “on 3rd Dec 2021 at TIET, Derabassi Campus.
• Mentored project activities under Experiential Learning Centre (ELC) -"Robotic Arm” organized at TIET Patiala and my teams won prizes for Projects – “WALLe-The Robo-Cleaner”, “ROBOWASH” and “Robotic Titration”
• Mentored teams bagged First and Third positions in ELC- “Text Summarization System for COVID-19” for making text summarization projects.
• Coordinated placement activities at TIET, Patiala.