Network Security, Software Engineering, Parallel and Distributed Computing
Dr. Maninder Singh is Ph.D. in Computer Science with specialization in Network Security and M.E. in Software Engineering from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala and B.E. in Computer Engineering. He joined Computer Science and Engineering Department of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (India) in 1996 and is presently serving as Professor of the department.He is also presently serving as Dean of Academic Affairs of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. His research interests include Network Security, Cyber Physical Systems & Security and IoT. He has more than 60 research publications in reputed Journals and Conferences.
Under his supervision, 7 Ph.D theses have been awarded and 3 Ph.D. theses are on-going. He also has more than 46 Master’s theses to his credit. He has been Principal Investigator & Consultant in the area of Cyber Physical Systems and Security funded by TCS, DRDO and Corporate houses (details below). His publication in Springer have been declared by respective journal as one of most cited publication for year 2016. Dr. Singh has authored multiple MOOC sessions and video lecture series for EMRC, CEC India. He has been volunteering his service being on-board member for NBA accreditations. He is heading Computer Science and Engineering Department and Centre of Information and Technology Management (CITM), responsible for campus wide Network, ERP, IT Strategy: planning, deployment and management.
Details of Sponsored Research & Consultancy Projects
- Zero day Worm Detection Framework , 2011-2014, Amount:14.25 lacs, Tata Consultancy Services
- Network design consultancy, 2013-14, Amount: 5 lacs, Ashoka University
- Network Penetration testing and Security @DESIDOC, 2015, Amount: 9.53 lacs, DRDO
- Network Design Consultancy: Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology Campus, 2016, Amount: 3.5 lacs
- Business App. Security Consultancy, 2017, Amount: 5.5 lacs, Avantha Business
- Tekchandani, Rajkumar, Rajesh Bhatia, and Maninder Singh. "Semantic code clone detection for Internet of Things applications using reaching definition and liveness analysis." The Journal of Supercomputing (2016): 1-28. [Impact Factor= 1.088]
- Chopra, Inderpreet, and Maninder Singh. "SHAPE—an approach for self-healing and self-protection in complex distributed networks." The Journal of Supercomputing 67, no. 2 (2014): 585-613. [Impact Facor=0.85]
- Arora, Vinay, Rajesh Bhatia, and Maninder Singh. "A systematic review of approaches for testing concurrent programs." Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (2015). [IF=0.997]
- Kaur, Ratinder, and Maninder Singh. "A survey on zero-day polymorphic worm detection techniques." IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials 16.3 (2014): 1520-1549. [IF=6.8]
- Kaur, Sanmeet, and Maninder Singh. "Automatic attack signature generation systems: A review." IEEE Security & Privacy 11.6 (2013): 54-61. [IF=0.902]
- Bhardwaj, Amit Kumar, and Maninder Singh. "Data mining-based integrated network traffic visualization framework for threat detection." Neural Computing and Applications 26.1 (2015): 117-130. [IF=1.492]
- Bhardwaj, Amit Kumar, Yuvraj Gajpal, and Maninder Singh. "Fuzzy reliability analysis of integrated network traffic visualization system." Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 31.3 (2016): 1941-1953. [IF=1.004]
- Rattan, Dhavleesh, Rajesh Bhatia, and Maninder Singh. "Software clone detection: A systematic review." Information and Software Technology 55.7 (2013): 1165-1199. [IF=1.569]
- Sukhpal Singh, Inderveer Chana, Maninder Singh and Rajkumar Buyya, “SOCCER: Self-Optimization of Energy-efficient Cloud Resources”, Cluster Computing [Springer], pp. 1-15, 2016 [Impact Factor = 1.154].
- Sukhpal, Singh, and Inderveer Chana and Maninder Singh, “The Journey of QoS based Autonomic Cloud Computing: A Research Perspective”, “IEEE IT Professional Magazine” 2016 [Impact Factor = 1.067].