Dr. Samya Muhuri
Social Network Analysis
Social Network Analysis
• Ph.D. in Computer Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (2020)
• M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering, West Bengal University of Technology, (2014)
• B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering, West Bengal University of Technology, (2012)
Google scholar link
1. Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab, from May 2022- Till Date.
2. Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science Engineering and Technology, Bennett University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, August 2020- April 2022.
3. Assistant Professor (Contractual), Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Sikkim, Ravangla, India, January 2020- July 2020.
1. Ankur Gupta, Meenakshi Tripathi, Samya Muhuri, Gaurav Singal, Neeraj Kumar, "A Secure and Lightweight Anonymous Mutual Authentication Scheme for Wearable Devices in Medical Internet of Things", Journal of Information Security and Applications, (Accepted), (SCIE, Scopus), 2022, IF: 3.872
2. Samya Muhuri, Suchi Kumari, Suyel Namasudra, Siefedine Kadry, “Analysis of the Pertinence of Indian Women's Institutions in Collaborative Research”, IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, (Early Access), 2022, DOI: 10.1109/TCSS.2022.3183949, (SCIE, SSCI), I.F: 4.74
3. Samya Muhuri, Debajyoti Mukhopadhyay, “Extracting the Relationships among Students based on Accessing Pattern of Digital Learning Attributes”, IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, (Early Access), 2022, DOI: 10.1109/TLT.2022.3166537, (SCIE, SSCI), I.F: 4.43
4. Susanta Chakraborty, Samya Muhuri, Debasree Das, "Detection of Constant Member and Overlapping Community from Dynamic Literary Network", Social Network Analysis and Mining, Springer, vol. 11, issue,1, article no: 77, August, 2021, DOI: 10.1007/s13278-021-00788-2, (Scopus, ESCI), I.F:2.27
5. Chandan Das, Samya Muhuri, Sarit Chakraborty, Susanta Chakraborty, "Security Assessment for Routing Based Synthesis on Cyberphysical MEDA based Digital Microfluidic Biochip", SN Applied Sciences, vol. 3, article no.721, pp. 1-19, July, 2021, DOI : 10.1007/s42452-021-04647-9, (Scopus, ESCI)
6. Samya Muhuri, Susanta Chakraborty, Sanjit K Setua, "Differentiate the Game Maker in Any Soccer Match Based on Social Network Approach", IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, vol. 7, no.6, pp. 1399-1408, 2020, DOI 10.1109/TCSS.2020.3036546 , (SSCI, SCIE) I.F:4.74
7. Tapan Chowdhury, Samya Muhuri, Susanta Chakraborty, Sabitri Nanda Chakraborty, "Analysis of Adapted Films and Stories based on Social Network ", IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, vol. 6, no.5, pp. 858-869, 2019, DOI 10.1109/TCSS.2019.2931721 , (SSCI, SCIE) I.F:4.74
8. Samya Muhuri, Susanta Chakraborty, Sabitri Nanda Chakraborty, "Extracting Social Network and Character Categorization from Bengali Literature ", IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, vol.5, no. 2, pp. 371-381, 2018, DOI 10.1109/TCSS.2018.2798699 , (SSCI, SCIE) I.F:4.74
Peer reviewer for Journals
• IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. (IEEE TKDE) from 2018
• Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (Oxford University press) from 2020
International Conference Publications
1. Samya Muhuri, Deepika Vatsa, "A modified Newman-Girvan Technique for Community Detection", International Conference on Data Analytics and Management (ICDAM-2022), June, Poland, Europe, 2022 (Accepted) (Best Paper Award)
2. Soumi Muhuri, Samya Muhuri, “Understanding housing price behaviour of Indian cities from affordability perspectives: A social network analysis”, IEEE International Conference on Architecture, Construction, Environment, Hydraulics (IEEE ICACEH) 2021, Taiwan, (SCOPUS) (In Press).
3. Amitava Choudhury, Tanmay Bhowmik, Samya Muhuri, “Facial Recognition based Attendance Monitoring System”, 11th International Advanced Computing Conference, December 2021, Malta, pp. 244-253, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-95502-1_19.
4. Suchi Kumari, Samya Muhuri, Swati Chandna, “Enhancing Network Robustness using Statistical Approach based Rewiring Strategy”, 11th International Advanced Computing Conference, December 2021, Malta, pp. 633-645, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-95502-1_48.
5. Samya Muhuri, Susanta Chakraborty, "Contextual Quality Assessment of the Newspaper Articles based on Keyword Extraction", 11th International Advanced Computing Conference, December 2021, Malta, pp. 504-518, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-95502-1_38.
6. Samya Muhuri, Debajyoti Mukhopadhyay, "A Hypergraph Clustering-based Technique for Detecting Fake News from Broadcasting Network", Asian Conference on Innovation in Technology (ASIANCON), August, 2021, Pune, India, pp. 1-5, DOI: 10.1109/ASIANCON51346.2021.9544803
7. Archana Bathula, Samya Muhuri, Suresh Merugu, Suneet Kumar Gupta, "Designing Framework for Intrusion Detection in IoT based on Spotted Hyena-based ANN ", 2nd International Conference on Data Science, Machine Learning & Applications (ICDSMLA), Pune, Maharashtra, India, Dec 2020 , DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-3690-5_153
8. Shubhro Shovan Roy, Samya Muhuri and Susanta Chakraborty, “ Efficient Traffic Routing Method at Busy Intersections”, The 11th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), 2020, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT49239.2020.9225418
9. Susmita Das, Samya Muhuri, Susanta Chakraborty and Samit Biswas, “ Graph Based Keyword Extraction for Similarity Identification among Born-Digital News Contents”, The 11th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), 2020, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT49239.2020.9225376
10. Samya Muhuri, Ananya Sarkar, Sambhabi Chakraborty and Susanta Chakraborty, "A Statistical Method for Prediction of Liver Disease based on the Brownian Motion Model", The IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), 2019, Kolkata, India, pp. 585-589, ISBN: 978-1-7281-0296-2.
11. Samya Muhuri, Susanta Chakraborty and Debasree Das, "Line Encoding Based Method to Analyze Performance of Indian States in Road Safety", Computational Intelligence in Pattern Recognition, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, 2018, pp. 541-551, DOI 10.1007/978-981-13-9042-5_46
12. Samya Muhuri, Ananya Sarkar, Sambhabi Chakraborty and Susanta Chakraborty, "Drug Vector Minimization in Cancer Therapy based on Boolean Logic Model of Gene Regulatory Network", IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops (ICDMW), 2018, Singapore, pp. 237-243. DOI 10.1109/ICDMW.2018.00042
13. Samya Muhuri, Debasree Das and Susanta Chakraborty, “An Automated Game Theoretic Approach for Cooperative Road Traffic Management in Disaster”, in Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Nanoelectronic and Information Systems (iNIS), 2017, Bhopal, India, pp. 145-150. DOI 10.1109/iNIS.2017.38
14. Samya Muhuri, Susanta Chakraborty and S. K. Setua, “An Edge Contribution-Based Approach to Identify Influential Nodes from Online Social Networks”, in Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Nanoelectronic and Information Systems (iNIS), 2016, Gwalior, India, pp. 155 – 160. DOI 10.1109/iNIS.2016.39
15. Samya Muhuri, Monalisa Bhattacharjee, “Automated Identification & Analysis of Cervical Cancer”, Proceedings of the 3rd World Conference on Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 27-29 September 2014, Kathmandu, Nepal, ISBN 13: 978-81-930222-0-7, pp. 516-520
1. Organized 5-days workshop utilizing SERB-DST fund as PI on AI and ML
2. Received Fellowship in 28th IEEE Asian Test Symposium (ATS), Kolkata, 2019.
3. Received International Travel Support (ITS) from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India for Travel in Singapore for IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), 2018.
4. Received Student travel award from IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) committee for attending ICDM conference, Singapore, 2018.
5.Fellowship in 29th International Conference on VLSI Design (VLSID), Kolkata, 2016.
6. Received Ph.D. Institute fellowship (MHRD scholarship) of Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur from 1st August, 2015-13th January, 2020.
7. Received GATE scholarship from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for M.Tech. study (from July, 2012- June, 2014) .