Machine Learning, Data Mining & Big Data
Tanya Garg is currently working as Assistant Professor at Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology. She is pursuing Ph.D from S.L.I.E.T Longowal. She obtained her Masters in Computer Science & Technology from Central University of Punjab, Bathinda and B.E IN CSE from S.L.I.E.T, Longowal. She is a member of various professional bodies. Her current area of research and interest includes Machine Learning, Big Data & Data Mining.
Membership of Professional Associations
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
- International Society of Research & Development (ISRD)
Achievements & Extra Curricular Activities
- Got Best Teacher Award during Academic Session (2017-2019) at GGI, Khanna
- Coordinator of Industrial Interaction, Training & Placement Activities
- Got Certified Collaborative member by SKOPE India during Escape Velocity Workshop
- Socio-Economic and Health Challenges due to COVID-19 and Mitigation Strategies(SEHCM-2020) TEQIP–III sponsored E-International conference on held at NIT Jalandhar during October 22-23 2020.
- A Book Chapter on Machine Learning for OCR accepted for publication in Wiley edited book titled “Machine Vision Inspection Systems: Machine Learning Based Approaches, Volume 2” (July,2020).
- A Change Detection Approach for SAR Images Using Modified Log Ratio and Median Filtering in Scopus Indexed Journal: Journal of Critical Reviews, ISSN No. 2394-5125, Vol. 7, Issue 19. (July,2020).
- A Book Chapter on “Network Intrusion Detection Model using Machine Learning & Data Mining Approach-A Survey” during ICAML 2020 held at Punjabi University Patiala. (June 2020).
- Big Data Analytics: Applications, Challenges & Future Directions in IEEE Scopus Conference, ICRITO-2020 held at Amity University Noida. (June 2020).
- Evaluation of Various Classifiers for NSL-KDD Dataset using Machine Learning Approach. (Published in International Journal IJETIR During ICTSEM-19).
- A Model for Automatic Detection of Retina Diseases (Published in International Journal IJETIR During ICTSEM-19).
- A review paper on Data Mining Approach for Feature Selection for Network Intrusion Detection System (November issue in IJARCSSE).
- Comparison of Classification Techniques in WEKA (Published in IEEE Xplore Presented at Poornima University, Jaipur, conference ICRAIE-2014 held on 9-11 May 2014).
- Analysis of Various Feature Selection Techniques in WEKA (Published during IMTC-2014, International Conference held at CT Group of Institutions, Jalandhar).
- Combinational Feature Selection Approach for Network Intrusion Detection System (Published in IEEE Xplore Presented at Jaypee University, Solan, PDGC-2014).
- ATAL FDP on Virtual and Augmented Reality (Held on Nov 23-Nov 27) Virtual Organized by GNDEC Ludhiana.
- ATAL FDP on Data Sciences (Dec 14-Dec18) Organized by Central University of Punjab Bathinda (Virtual).
- ATAL FDP on “Cyber Security” held in May-2020 Organized by PEC University (25th – 29th May,2020).
- Three days’ workshop on “MALWARE ANALYSIS AND REVERSE ENGINEERING” organized by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh, India on 15 to 17 July 2020.
- Short Term Course on “Essential Tools in Optimization” Organized by NIT Jalandhar (25th – 29th June,2020).
- Two Days National Workshop on “Interview Skills” Organized by NIT Jalandhar (June 15-16,2020).
- One Day National Workshop on “Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights Filing” (July 01, 2020).
- “Overview of Intellectual Property Rights” Organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering Audisankara College of Engineering & Technology (Autonomous) JUNE 09, 2020.
- NPTEL Certification Course on Blockchain Technology (Jan-May,2020).
- Python Certification Course authorized by University of Michiganand offered through Coursera (June 13,2020).
- Learning to Teach Online Certification course authorized by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales) and offered through Coursera.
- Elearning Program on “Machine Learning” by Tata Steels.
- ONE WEEK AICTE-IKGPTUSPONSORED FDP on “Recent Trends in Image Processing Techniques” Organized by GNDEC Ludhiana (Dec 30, 2019- Jan 03, 2020).
- Attended one-week TEQIP-III Sponsored FDP on “Emerging Trends in Computing & Networking” held at SLIET Longowal (17-22, Dec-2018).
- Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights” held at GGI,Khanna.
- India First Leadership Talk by Shri Anand Mahindra held at GGI, Khanna.
- One-week FDP On Cloud Computing (NPTEL Certification).
- One and a half week FDP on Computer Organization & Architecture, A Pedagogical Aspect (NPTEL Certification).
- Two weeks Workshop on IoT held at GGI by NSIC.
- Virtual Conference SEHCM -2020 held at NIT Jalandhar (Virtual) Paper presented and Published(TEQIP-III Sponsored).
- ICAML-2020 held at Punjabi University Patiala (June-2020) Virtual Conference.
- ICRITO-2020 held at Amity University Noida (June -2020) Virtual Conference.
- 100th Indian Science Congress at Kolkata in December, 2013.
- ICRAIE-2014 at Poornima University, Jaipur. (Paper Presented).
- IMTC-2014 at CT Group of Institutions, Jalandhar (Paper Presented).
- PDGC-2014 at Jaypee university, Solan (Paper Presented).
- ICTSEM-2019 at Gulzar Group of Institutes, Khanna (Paper Presented).
- 4 Months exp. (September. 2014 to December.2014) as Assistant Professor (CT Group of Institutions, Jalandhar.
- 4 years & 2 Months exp.(May 2015 to August 1st 2019) as Assistant Professor (Gulzar Group of Institutions, Khanna).
- Total Teaching Experience:4 years 6 Months.