Computer Vision, Biomedical Engineering, Gaming and Animation
Contact No: +91 9598404656
Shailendra Tiwari is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Computer Sc. & Engineering, Thapar University, Patiala. Dr. Tiwari was a visiting research fellow (Postdoc) in the School of Computer Science & Statistics (SCSS), Trinity College Dublin (TCD), Ireland. He received his Ph. D. degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology IIT(BHU), Varanasi and earned Master of Engineering (M.E.) degree in Computer Engineering from Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh, India. His research interests include Image Processing, Medical Image Reconstruction, Computer Graphics and Vision, Optimization Techniques etc.
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
IEEE Professional Membership
Publications and other Research Outputs
- [MPLB] Y. Pathak, K.V. Arya and S. Tiwari, “Low-dose CT image reconstruction using gain intervention based dictionary learning”, SCI. Impact Factor 0.687, Modern Physics Letter-B – World Scientific (2018). https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217984918501488
- [BSPC] Yogesh Kumar, Ashutosh Aggarwal, Shailendra Tiwari, Karamjeet Singh, “An Efficient and Robust Approach for Bio-medical Image Retrieval Using Zernike Moments,” Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Elsevier, vol. 39, pp. 459-473, 2018. SCI. Impact Factor 2.214. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc. 2017.08.018
- [MTA] Shivendra Shivani, Shailendra Tiwari, K.K. Mishra et.al. “Providing security and privacy to huge and vulnerable songs repository using visual cryptography,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer, 2018. SCI. Impact Factor 1.530. https://doi.org/10.1007/s1104
- [JMIHI] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Hybrid-Cascaded Framework for PET and SPECT Image Reconstruction,” Journal of Medical Imaging & Health Informatics (JMIHI), American Scientific Publishers, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2016. SCI. Impact Factor 0.877. https://doi.org/10.1166/jmihi.2016.1779
- [MTA] Y. Pathak, K.V. Arya and S. Tiwari, “Feature Selection for Image Steganalysis using Levy Flight-based Grey Wolf Optimization”, Multimedia Tools and Applications – Springer, SCI. Impact Factor 1.541. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-6155-6
- [MPLB] Y. Pathak, K.V. Arya and S. Tiwari, “Fourth Order Partial Differential Equations Based Anisotropic Diffusion Model for Low-Dose CT Images,” Modern Physics Letter-B – World Scientific, SCI Impact Factor 0.687. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217984918503001
- [MPLB] S. Tiwari, K. Kaur, Y. Pathak, S. Shivani and K. Kaur, “Computed tomography reconstruction on distributed storage using hybrid regularization approach,” Modern Physics Letter-B – World Scientific, SCI Impact Factor 0.687. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217984918503001
- [MTA] Shivendra Shivani and Shailendra Tiwari, “Simulation of Intelligent Target Hitting in Obstructed Path using Physical Body Animation and Genetic Algorithm”, Multimedia Tools and Applications – Springer, SCI. Impact Factor 1.541. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-6575-3
- [MTA] Y. Pathak, K.V. Arya and S. Tiwari, “Efficient image reconstruction using Fourtth order partial derivatives based guided image filter”, Multimedia Tools and Applications – Springer, SCI. Impact Factor 1.530. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-6840-5
- [MPLB] V. P. Singh, R. Srivastava, Y. Pathak, S. Tiwari, K. Kaur, “Content-based image retrieval based on supervised learning with combination of Orthogonal-LBP and Statistical Moments,” Modern Physics Letter-B – World Scientific, SCI Impact Factor 0.687 [Accepted
- [IJBET] Kavkirat Kaur, Shailendra Tiwari, “Complex Diffusion Regularization based Low dose CT Image Reconstruction,” Int. J. Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Inder-Science Publishers, 2018, (Scopus) (under press).
- [IJBET] Shailendra Tiwari, “A variational framework for low dose sinogram restoration,” Int. J. Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Inder-Science Publishers, Vol. 24, No. 4, 2017. (Scopus), https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBET.2017.085440
- [IJBET] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “An OSEM based hybrid-cascaded framework for PET/SPECT Image Reconstruction,” Int. J. Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Inder-Science Publishers, Vol. 18, No. 4, 2015.(Scopus), https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBET.2015.071008
- [ICACSE–2019] Ritu Gothwal, S. Tiwari, and S. Shivani “On the Choice and Evaluation of Regularization Priors for CT/PET Image Reconstruction,” 2nd International Conference on Adavanced Computing and Software Engineering (ICACSE), Feb. 8-9, 2018 KNIT, Sutanpur, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP).
- [IC3–2018] Y. Pathak, K.V. Arya and S. Tiwari, “Computed Tomography Image Reconstruction using Modified One-Step-Late Method,” 11th International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Aug. 2-4, 2018 Noida, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP), [h5-index:10, h5-median:15], IEEE Explore Computer Society (Submitted).
- [ICCI–2017] Kavkirat Kaur, Shailendra Tiwari “Low dose Image Reconstruction using Complex Diffusion, 2017 International Conference on Computational Intelligence (ICCI-2017), IIT Kanpur, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) IEEE Conference Publication Services (CPS).
- [ICIIS-2016] Shailendra Tiwari, K.V. Arya, Gaurangi Upadhyay, Shambhavi Upadhyay, Poonam Sharma “Facial Recognition using Histogram of Gabor Phase Patterns and Self Organizing Maps, 11th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS-2016), IIT Roorkee India, (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) IEEE Publication Services.
- [PDGC–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, Sudhakar Tripathi and K.V. Arya, “Score level fusion of Iris and Fingerprint using wavelet features”, 2016 Fourth International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC-2016), JUIT Waknaghat, Solan, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) IEEE Explore Computer Society.
- [IC3–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, Deepikanshu Chouksey and Vinod Todwal, “Regularization based simultaneous algebraic reconstruction techniques for computed tomography, 9th International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Aug. 20-22, 2015 Noida, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP), [h5-index:10, h5-median:15], IEEE Explore Computer Society.
- [DeSE–2016] K.V. Arya, Shailendra Tiwari and Yadunath Pathak “Regularization based Modified SART Iterative Method for CT Image Reconstruction, 9thInternational Conference on the Developments on eSystems Engineering, (DeSE-2016), Liverpool and Leeds, U.K. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) IEEE Computer Society Conference Publication Services (CPS).
- [ECTI-CON 2016] K.V. Arya, Shailendra Tiwari and Saurabh Behwal “Real-time Vehicle Detection and Tracking, 13thInternational Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON 2016), Chiang Mai, Thailand. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP), IEEE Explore Computer Society.
- [CVIP–2016] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, and K.V. Arya “A non-linear modified CONVEF-AD based approach for low-dose sinogram restoration, International Conference on Computer Vision and Image Processing (CVIP-2016), IIT Roorkee, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP) AISC- Springer Verlag Publication.
- [IC3–2015] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “An Efficient and Modified Median Root Prior based Framework for PET/SPECT reconstruction Algorithm, 8th International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Aug. 20-22, 2015Noida, India. (Indexed in Scopus, DBLP), [h5-index:10,h5-median:15],IEEE Explore Computer Society.
- [ICACNI–2015] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Probabilistic Patch based hybrid framework for CT/PET Image Reconstruction”, 3rdInternational Conference on Signal Processing and Communication, June. 23-25, 2015, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies (Vol. 43, Chapter 33) Springer Verlag Publication LNCS (Indexed in Scopus).
- [ICSC–2015] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Hybrid-Cascaded Framework for MLEM based Image Reconstruction”, International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication, Mar. 16-18, 2015 Noida, India, IEEE Explore Signal Processing and Communication Society (Indexed in Scopus).
- [ISSPIT–2014] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A PDE based Expectation Maximization algorithm adapted to Poisson noise for Medical Image Reconstruction”, 14thIEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT-2014), Dec. 15-17, 2014, Noida. (Indexed in Scopus) [h5-index:11, h5-median:12] IEEE Explore, Signal Processing Society.
- [ICRCWIP–2014] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “An Efficient Hybrid- Cascaded Framework for Emission Computed Tomography using OSEM Image Reconstruction Algorithm”, International Conference on Recent cognizance in wireless communication & image processing, Jaipur, India. Springer Publication LNCS
- [FTBH– 2014] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “Review and Comparative Analysis of Medical Image Reconstruction Algorithms”, National Conference on Present Scenario and Future Trends in Biomedical Engineering and Healthcare technologies, Oct. 17-18, 2014, School of Biomedical Engineering, IIT (BHU), Varanasi, U.P.
- [IWCBTA –2013] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “A Complex Diffusion Prior Based Bayesian Statistical Reconstruction Approach for Low-Dose X-Ray Computed Tomography”, International Workshop/Conference on Bayesian Theory and Applications, Jan 6-10, 2013, DST Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences & Department of Statistics Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. Online Available at ATLAS
- [MMCS–2012] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava “Comparative Analysis of Filtered Backprojection and Algebraic Image Reconstruction using MATLAB, National Conference on 'Mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulation (MMCS-2012) during March 23-25, 2012 at the Department of Applied Mathematics, IIT (BHU), Varanasi.
- [AISC–2012] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava (December 2012) “Regularized MLEM reconstruction algorithm adapted to Poisson noise for SPECT/PET images” In Proceedings of AISC-2012, International Conference IIT (BHU), Varanasi
- [RTFIT–2012] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, Abha Dixit, “Web Services Communication Security using Authentication and Confidentiality”, In Proceeding of All India Seminar on Recent Techniques & Future of Information Technology (RTFIT-2012)", HBTI Kanpur, IE (I) Kanpur &UP State Centre Lucknow, Sep. 22-23, 2012.
- [AIATA–2011] Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava “Medical Imaging Techniques and Image Reconstruction: An Overview” National Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Agents: Theory & Applications December 2011, IIT-BHU Varanasi
- [IISN–2010] Shailendra Tiwari, Harish Shakya and Sunil Semwal, “Scalable Sequential Pattern Mining Algorithm for Sequence of Transaction” 4th International Multi Conference on Intelligent Systems and Nanotechnology (IISN-2010), Feb 26-28, 2010Haryana, India.
- Shailendra Tiwari, “Coexistence and Interoperability between Wi-Fi &WiMAX” International conference in Downtrends Challenge in IT, Ludhiana, Punjab 2009-10
- Shailendra Tiwari, Manju, Shivendra Shivani and Ritu Gothwal, “Progressive Advancements on Security Challenges, Issues and Solutions in eHealth Systems,” Intelligent Data Security Solutions for e-Health Applications, Elsevier (Indexed in Scopus). [Accepted]
- Shailendra Tiwari, Kavkirat Kaur and K.V. Arya, “Dictionary Learning based Image Reconstruction Techniques for Big Medical Data,” Handbook of Multimedia Information Security: Techniques and Applications (HMIS), Springer (Indexed in Scopus). [Accepted]
- Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “Research and Developments in Medical Image Reconstruction Methods and its Applications” Chapter 14, (pages 274-312) Research Developments in Computer Vision and Image Processing: Methodologies and Applications, IGI Global Publication (Indexed in Scopus).
- Shailendra Tiwari, Rajeev Srivastava, “On the evaluation and selection of Priors for MLEM based CT and PET image reconstruction”, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology (ICETIT-2015), February 21-22, 2015 Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Univesrity (BBAU), Central University, Lucknow, Shroff Publishers & Distributors Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai.
Description of Research Interests
- Physically Based Modelling,
- 3D Modelling & Animation,
- Digital Image Processing,
- Computer Vision,
- Computer Graphics,
- Pattern Recognition,
- Machine Learning.
- Automata Theory,
- Operating System (OS),
- Computer Networks.
- Database Management System(DBMS),
- Secure Coding.
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Two weeks Faculty Development Program on Fuzzy Sets, Systems and Applications (25th April - 5 May 2016), organized by NIT Patna (DeitY) Ministry of Communications and IT, Govt. of India)
- One-week Workshop attended on Probability and Fractional Calculus (Jan25-Feb 02.2013), DST- Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences & Department of Statistics BHU, Varanasi
- Workshop attended on “How to Write for and get published in Scientific Journals and Publish Manuscripts” SPRINGER & EDANZ GROUP in association with Central Library, BHU.
- Workshop attended on Garuda Boot Camp on National Computational Grid (GBC-2013) in Association with IIT (BHU) & C-DAC.
- Workshop attended on Latex Training Program Sep. 03-09, 2013), DST- Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences & Department of Statistics BHU, Varanasi.
- Qualified GATE 2006 with 94.8 percentile.
- Worked as an Instructor in Cyber Security Research Centre (CSRC), Chandigarh.
- Delivered lecture on Cyber-crime in Central Forensic Investigation Laboratory, Chandigarh.
- Organized so many Cyber security & Ethical Hacking workshop in Lovely professional university (LPU).
- Designed two new courses; Cyber-crime and computer forensic (C3F), and Cyber Law in LPU.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- N.C.C. ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates.
- Worked on NGOs for Social Services called as ‘ADIVASI KALYAN SAMITI” in Gwalior, M.P.
- Worked on System study of Chandigarh Administration at Centre for Computational Engineering (CCE), Chandigarh.
- Participation in Annual Microsoft Research India (MSR) Symposium 13th October 2007 New Delhi.
- Participation in College curricular activities such as N.S.S. camp, Blood Donation, Sports & others.
- Participated in seminars on Network Security and Ethical hacking held at PEC Chandigarh.
- Participated in iSync, Communication technology workshop, held in PEC, Chandigarh on 25th and 26thsept. 2006 on IPv6 and Wireless Networks conducted by IITK.
- Participated in Seminar on 802.11 (Wi Fi).
- Participated in seminars on “Online Gaming Theory” Prof. Magda EI Zarki, Department of Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA.
- Participated in seminars on “Motion Detection and Object Tracking for Biomedical and Computer Vision Applications” delivered by Dr. Kannappan Palaniappan, CSE Department, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA.
- Languages : C, C++, C#, AVR Studio (Embedded C), Python.
- Platforms : Windows, Linux, Mac.
- Packages : MSOffice, Open-Office
- Tools : MATLAB, Unity, Processing, Blender, OpenGL, OpenCV, NS2, Proteus, etc.